So about a month ago I was in Hong Kong for a uni elective and in my free time, I did a ‘little’ bit of shopping (naturally). What I was interested in were brands that would not be commonly and easily accessed from Australia, so goodbye TopShop and such – instead, I checked out mainly independent brands with the exceptions of Stylenanda and Sasa – Sasa which has multiple stores per suburb.
Click the links below to check out the video version of my shopping experiences – not all experiences were filmed.
Part 1 – Stylenanda and Sasa
Part 3 – Boldtheshop and D2
Some of the items I purchased
I’ve also included the prices I purchased the items for underneath the images so you can gauge a better understanding of the correlation amongst the style, quality and design of the item and the brand of the item.
- Lowry’s farm – Metallic clutch with matter faux leather finish [199 HKD]
- Stylenanda – Metallic skirt with faux soft leather finish [499 HKD]
- Unknown brand – Black socks with stripe detail [3 pairs for 50 HKD]
- Placebo – Pastel pink sneakers with leather upper [490 HKD on sale]
- Dynasti – Champagne luxe choker (first) [259 HKD]
- Dynasti – Metal logo chain choker (second) [259 HKD]
- Dynasti – Cropped top with gold strap detail [490 HKD on sale]
- Placebo – Leather backpack with stud detail [1180 HKD]
I’d definitely go back to Hong Kong to shop from the above mentioned stores because the reality of self paid shipping always daunts me. Also, being able to touch the items, I am able to gain peace of mind that the item is in good quality when it is being purchased.
Thanks for reading – any advice/feedback is greatly appreciated!