Though not all organic ingredients or all synthetic ingredients are harmful/effective, baby wipes contain a comparably large amount of preservatives. I never researched the ingredients of baby wipes because I assumed that it would be gentle for the skin in the long run since it’s used on babies. I was concerned with the ingredients that were in my then-current chosen brand of baby wipes because I would be using these wipes religiously after a day of makeup – and that would be 6-7 days a week and then when I discovered organic/natural baby wipes, I decided to give these a go.
They also do create makeup wipes but reading some of the comments, I decided to give them a pass for now because quite a few customers have said that they had a stingy sensation near their eyes – but will give them a try in the future!
*As with all skincare my experience will differ to yours. I am not a skincare professional, I am merely sharing with you my personal experience with these organic wipes.
$8.95 AUD for 80 wipes from Nourished Life
purified water, glycerine (vegetable derived), certified organic aloe barbadensis (certified organic aloe vera), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), decyl glucoside (extra mild surfactant), citric acid (mild preservative), polyaminopropyl biguanide (mild preservative, used at less than 1%, and rated low risk at 2 on EWG Skin Deep database)
- These wipes are biodegradable – BIODEGRADABLE which is really important as there is a large amount of nonwoven disposables in the landfill which will take billions of years to disintegrate and break down and I’m assuming pads and other sanitary napkin varieties(nappies etc) taking the longest.
- It’s cruelty free in both the ingredients list as well as the process.
- The wipes are moist which is important as we don’t want the cloth to drag roughly on the face and possibly stretch skin.
- There’s no hard plastic ‘click lid’ (prevents the situation where the soft plastic flap rides up and the moisture escapes) but luckily so far, the soft plastic flap has not lifted.
- It’s a few dollars more expensive than most drugstore mainstream brands.
- I would definitely repurchase
Thanks for reading – any advice/feedback is greatly appreciated!